Related to “Competing with Big Data”:
- The EU Commission cites our paper in the background document to a new regulation on online platforms.
- Our policy proposal is picked up and written about both by influential academic authors and policymakers (in English)
- Tilburg Research Magazine 2017 (p.15), September 2017: Monopoliepositie van Google houdt innovatie tegen (in Dutch)
Related to “Faithful Strategies: How Religion Shapes Nonprofit Management”:
- Socialevraagstukken.nl, January 2015: Religie manager bepaalt het gezicht van het ziekenhuis (in Dutch)
- Nederlands Dagblad, December 2014: “Geloofsopvatting manager beïnvloedt koers ziekenhuis” (in Dutch)
- Tilburg University Press Release, June 2014: “Manager’s religious affiliation impacts hospital’s strategy” (in English), “Geloof manager beïnvloedt strategie ziekenhuis” (in Dutch).
Related to “Search Engine Competition with Network Externalities”:
- De Volkskrant: “Google schaadt innovatie”, May 11, 2011, p.23.
- Econtrack.nl, May 2011: “(Waarom) is Google echt die beste zoekmachine?” (Dutch article and English video interview)
- Tilburg University Press Release, May 2011: “Near-monopoly search engine Google stagnates innovation (in English).
- Mejudice.nl, May 2011: Video “On competition between search engines” (in English)
Related to “Semi-Public Competitions”:
- Royal Economic Society Press Release, March 2010: “University Business Plan Competitions Provide A Valuable Meeting Place For Investors and Start-Ups”.
- Econtrack.nl, March 2010: “Sponsors hebben voorkeur voor niet-winnaars” (in Dutch).
Video-Interview about Business Plan Competitions (in English).
Related to “An Auction Market for Journal Articles”:
- Canadian Medical Association Journal News, November 2010: “China searches for best medicine for ailing scientific journals”.
- duzEUROPA, February 2010: “Und zum Dritten: Papers könnten künftig auf Auktionen versteigert werden” (in German).
Related to “Dark Clouds over the Internet?”:
- Computerworld Denmark, September 2006: “Internettets fremtid trues af manglende investeringer” (in Danish).
… an essay I wrote for a student magazine applying standard competition theory and organizational economics to the case of university cafeterias.
… Fortunately, as of January 2011, Tilburg University introduced more competition in campus catering, leading to more variety and higher quality but stable prices.