Related to “Governance of Data Sharing: a Law & Economics Proposal”:
- Interview with Tagesspiegel, a German daily newspaper, about the results of our project for the German Ministry of Finance (in German).
Here is an interview with Univers, Tilburg University’s independent newspaper, about the curriculum of economics programs (at Tilburg) today (August 2019). Unfortunately, they only published it in Dutch.
Related to “Competing with Big Data”:
- The EU Commission cites our paper in the background document to a new regulation on online platforms.
- Our policy proposal is picked up and written about both by influential academic authors and policymakers (in English)
- Tilburg Research Magazine 2017 (p.15), September 2017: Monopoliepositie van Google houdt innovatie tegen (in Dutch)
Related to “Faithful Strategies: How Religion Shapes Nonprofit Management”:
- Socialevraagstukken.nl, January 2015: Religie manager bepaalt het gezicht van het ziekenhuis (in Dutch)
- Nederlands Dagblad, December 2014: “Geloofsopvatting manager beïnvloedt koers ziekenhuis” (in Dutch)
- Tilburg University Press Release, June 2014: “Manager’s religious affiliation impacts hospital’s strategy” (in English), “Geloof manager beïnvloedt strategie ziekenhuis” (in Dutch).
Related to “Search Engine Competition with Network Externalities”:
- De Volkskrant: “Google schaadt innovatie”, May 11, 2011, p.23.
- Econtrack.nl, May 2011: “(Waarom) is Google echt die beste zoekmachine?” (Dutch article and English video interview)
- Tilburg University Press Release, May 2011: “Near-monopoly search engine Google stagnates innovation (in English).
- Mejudice.nl, May 2011: Video “On competition between search engines” (in English)
Related to “Semi-Public Competitions”:
- Royal Economic Society Press Release, March 2010: “University Business Plan Competitions Provide A Valuable Meeting Place For Investors and Start-Ups”.
- Econtrack.nl, March 2010: “Sponsors hebben voorkeur voor niet-winnaars” (in Dutch).
Video-Interview about Business Plan Competitions (in English).
Related to “An Auction Market for Journal Articles”:
- Canadian Medical Association Journal News, November 2010: “China searches for best medicine for ailing scientific journals”.
- duzEUROPA, February 2010: “Und zum Dritten: Papers könnten künftig auf Auktionen versteigert werden” (in German).
Related to “Dark Clouds over the Internet?”:
- Computerworld Denmark, September 2006: “Internettets fremtid trues af manglende investeringer” (in Danish).
… an essay I wrote for a student magazine applying standard competition theory and organizational economics to the case of university cafeterias.
… Fortunately, as of January 2011, Tilburg University introduced more competition in campus catering, leading to more variety and higher quality but stable prices.